Eventbrite is a website that allows organisations to manage and promote their events.
- a customised event page
- a ticket widget to embed in your own website
- allows you to leverage social media
- send email marketing
- can use PayPal or Google Checkout
- accept donations
- enable waiting lists
- name badges and check-in lists
- good collection of reports
- free for free events
You can also use it to search for events in your area, similar to meetup.com, although both have an american geographical focus to them.
Overall this seems like a good service and one that I have bookmarked for future use.
You can follow eventbrite on twitter: http://twitter.com/eventbrite.